The International Advisory Committee (IAC) of the ITC has decided to offer a number of travel grants that will be available to support full-time students for attending ITC 31. The amount of each grant is EUR 600 that can be used to cover student travel expenses related to attending ITC 31 conference, such as student registration fee, airline ticket, and hotel accommodation expenses.
The registration is open from June 28, 2019 until July 9, 2019.
The application from the student should state why he/she wants to attend ITC 31 and how would he/she benefit from ITC 31. This description should be kept to a page maximum and uploaded through EDAS: https://edas.info/G.php?g=623.
The advisor of the student must also submit an advisor’s recommendation stating that ITC 31 covers the applicant's research areas, details whether the student is a PhD candidate, and outlines how the student out stands among other students. Upon application from the student, the advisor will receive an invitation from EDAS to submit the recommendation.
It is important that both the student and advisor motivate the application with regards to the technical objectives of ITC and the research work of the applicant.
If selected, the Student commits to send within two weeks after ITC 31 a two-page report highlighting the benefits of having attended ITC 31, in terms of impact on his/her own research, of overall technical knowledge increase, and on technical exchanges and potential collaboration with other attendees.
- Registration is open from June 28, 2019
- Application submission: July 9, 2019
- Recommendation submission: July 12, 2019
- Decisions/notification: July 19, 2019
- Acceptance by the recipient: July 31, 2019 (conference registration must be completed)
- Two-page report: September 12, 2019
- Tobias Hoßfeld, University of Würzburg, Germany
- Michela Meo, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Lea Skorin-Kapov, University of Zagreb, Croatia